CVMinder GDPR update
The new General Protection Regulation (GDPR) is almost upon us, so it’s time to get ready. This is GDPR update for CVMinder users.
What is GDPR?
GDPR obliges organisations to manage personal information more securely and acquire consent to do so. It covers electronic data and manual filing systems so that’s pretty much any information that can be used to personally identify somebody.
Who does it affect?
GDPR will be in force by May 25th 2018 and applies to you if your organisation:
- operates within the EU.
- operates outside the EU offering goods or services to individuals in the EU.
The fines for GDPR breaches are staggeringly high so getting it wrong could be a very expensive mistake. The maximum fine for non-compliance could be €20 million or 4% of your global turnover! There’s no exemption for small companies and Brexit won’t change a thing.
What is XperiSoft doing about GDPR?
CVMinder ATS has been acquiring candidate consent since it first launched. It also offers secure, self-service for personal information with reviews and updates performed by candidates.
We are making some new modifications in time for the 25th May 2018 to fully comply with GDPR. They include:
- Updating terms in line with GDPR
- Offering easy access to those terms for any candidate
- Providing access to additional personal information committed by applicants at the time of an application
- Supporting a candidate’s withdrawal from any application
- Placing evidence of employer GDPR compliance in the HUB version of CVMinder
- Allowing account deletion directly by the candidate
- Automated document deletion based upon your CVMinder Data Protection Policy
- Seeking specific consent for invitations and allocations
We’ll keep you informed, but check our GDPR Checklist for Internal Recruiters if you aren’t yet sure of your GDPR obligations.
If you have questions or concerns about GDPR and what it means for you, please contact us for a confidential discussion.